I. MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Sunday School & Holiness Youth Ministry (HYM) is to provide leadership training and the Core Christian Education in the Church and community, to teach and train teachers and students and Young Adults in the Word of God. We will execute this mission through our Officers, Youth Leaders, Administrators and Young Adults Ministry to achieve the Vision.
II. VISION STATEMENT
We will be a Bible based & Bible Teaching Auxiliary of the Church of Christ (Holiness) USA producing faithful servants Committed to teaching at all levels of our Church. Training Teachers, Administrators Youth Leaders and Young Adults to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. OUR MOTTO IS : GEARED TO THE TIMES, BUT ANCHORED IN THE ROCK
III. GOALS 2017 – 2018
- Emphasize community IMPACT over membership INCREASE
- Host a successful National Youth Retreat in Carlinville, IL
- Host 4 Diocese Sunday School Workshops
- Increase Vacation Bible Schools Annually
- Begin a 10 year fundraising initiative to add at least $15,000 to National Congress General Fund
- Host monthly Prayer Conference Call with Regional Vice Presidents 3rd Sunday Night of each Month 8pm CT (209 255-1000 Access Code 624254#)
IV. MINISTRY INITIATIVES
- YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY (HYM)
- DRAMA MINISTRY
- DEBATE MINISTRY
- NAOMI DOLES SELLERS MITCHELL MISSIONS GRANT
We want to seek to have the National Convention Congress Sessions available to Broadcast streaming live via the Internet and available via Webcast or Podcast.
V. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
- Our finances are annually audited by an internal auditor
- Means & Frequency of Interaction: Midyear meeting of Executive Board will be March 2-3, 2018 in Atlanta, GA. We will ask for Progress Reports at Midyear and again at the Convention.
VI. MISSION INSIGHT
We will be an Advocate for the Mission to PREACH, PROCLAIM, SPREAD, ENCOURAGE AND TEACH THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST IN ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD. We will encourage Wholistic Ministry and advocate support of all the Auxiliaries and Ministries of the CHURCH OF CHRIST (HOLINESS) USA.
COCHUSA CAN HELP US BY SUPPORTING YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY WORKSHOPS AND ALL INITIATIVES BY THE SUNDAY SCHOOL AND HYM CONGRESS BY ATTENDING, PARTICIPATING, PRAYING AND SUPPORTING YOUTH MINISTRY FINANCIALLY.
New: Our Goal is to have Operation Giveback be more active out of Session from the National Convention and be a mechanism of first responder to tragedies ie Hurricanes, Tornadoes , National Disasters Man Made and Natural. The vision is to Mobilize the Congress to Respond and give the COCHUSA Family a Mechanism to Respond and Give Back as needed to help our communities through orchestrated efforts to meet the needs of people through Prayer, Letter Campaigns, Donations, Volunteerism and Mobilization and Co-ordination.
We want to be the Training arm and training ADVOCATE for COCHUSA. Our Websites will provide valuable current data to help local churches, districts and Dioceses and provide much needed resources.
COCHUSA CAN HELP US BY SUPPORTING YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY (YAM) & WORKSHOPS AND ALL INITIATIVES BY THE SUNDAY SCHOOL AND HYM CONGRESS BY ATTENDING, PARTICIPATING PRAYING AND SUPPORTING YOUTH MINISTRY FINANCIALLY.